We recommend products based on unbiased research from our editorial team. We may receive a small compensation at no extra cost to you if you click on a link. Read More.
The school year is in full swing, which means that all of us parents have to make sure that our children have everything they need. While you may already have bought the majority of these supplies, many of us might want to upgrade some of these.
This is mainly focused on the backpack itself, with many of us often reusing the same bag as last year. However, this shouldn’t be too difficult. If you’ve got a young daughter in school, then it’s likely that you want her to go to school with a nice looking bag that also works wonders.
The idea of buying a cute backpack is not only to fit the books and pencils but to make the little girl eager and excited about going to school. Small girls get excited about fancy pencils, toys, new colorful books; it is the same with these cute bags. Anyway, it is important to get a good, cute backpack which is also long-lasting.
These are the best cute backpacks for girls, which are really good quality and durable:
1. Loungefly Harry Potter Harry Wand Mini Backpack
The Loungefly Harry Potter Harry Wand Mini Backpack could be one of the more notable choices for your daughter’s schoolbag. This is because there’s quite a large number of benefits to it, such as a variety of extra pockets to hold smaller belongings. Alongside this is the interior space, which is larger than some others.
The leather material is also fully lined, which should mean that it will last all year. One of the last primary features seen here is that the shoulder straps are padded, which should mean that it will be more comfortable to carry than some others. However, this could be slightly heavier than some other bags.
- Includes a variety of extra side and front pockets for extra space.
- Large enough to hold several books.
- Interior is fully lined for added durability.
- Shoulder straps are padded and adjustable.
- Made from leather for enhanced durability.
- Might not have enough space for high schoolers.
- Could weigh slightly more than expected.
- Only suitable for Harry Potter fans.
2. Mygreen Cute Patterns Printed Backpack
There are quite a few attractive qualities to the Mygreen Cute Patterns Printed Backpack, each of which could make it attractive for most schoolgirls. Chief among these are the various designs and color options that you can choose from, and which your daughter should enjoy.
Alongside this is a water-resistant and durable material, so the bag should last the entire school year. The shoulder straps are also padded and adjustable for more comfort. Lastly is the fact that it’s big enough to hold several textbooks, with this being broken into various compartments.
However, there can be a distinct smell when it’s first used, which could be unpleasant. The zipper could also come off faster than many other choices.
- Made from eco-friendly and water-resistant material.
- Shoulder straps are padded.
- Large enough to hold a variety of textbooks.
- Available in a variety of colors and designs.
- Includes several internal and external compartments.
- Can have a distinct smell when first used.
- Zippers can come off quite easily.
- Side pockets are smaller than expected.
3. STATE Elmo Bag
The STATE Elmo Bag could be one of the more unique schoolbags to take advantage of, with much of this being seen in the design. Perhaps the largest benefit here is that it’s more durable than many other options, so it shouldn’t rip or tear during the school year. It’s also a lightweight option with a compact design, which could be beneficial.
Lastly is the fact that the shoulder straps are quite adjustable, so it should fit most people. Despite how long-lasting the bag itself could be, the zippers might break quite easily. The shoulder straps could also be slightly uncomfortable.
- Uses a ballistic weave to last a while.
- Shoulder straps can be adjusted.
- Includes a front pocket for smaller items.
- More lightweight than some other options.
- Compact design makes it easy to carry for younger schoolchildren.
- Might not be big enough for some textbooks.
- Zippers may not last too long.
- Shoulder straps might not be as comfortable as some alternatives.
4. Dickies Cotton Canvas Classic Backpack
There’s a lot to take in with the Dickies Cotton Canvas Classic Backpack, all of which help to make it quite appealing for many people. With there being a variety of designs and colors to choose from, you should be able to find the perfect one for your daughter. The shoulder straps have also been ergonomically designed for more comfort.
There’s also a front pocket to capitalize on, which could be appropriate for many smaller items, like pens and pencils. However, the straps and zipper might not be as durable as you could expect, which could mean that they may break relatively quickly.
- Several design and color options available.
- Larger than much of its competition.
- Shoulder straps are ergonomically designed for comfort.
- Includes faux-leather trims for extra style and durability.
- Includes a front pocket for smaller items.
- Straps may not be as durable as expected.
- Zippers may break quite easily.
- Only suitable for younger schoolchildren.
5. Lily & Drew Canvas Travel Backpack
The Lily & Drew Canvas Travel Backpack could be a recommended option for many young schoolchildren, for a variety of reasons. There are several styles to choose from, with these all being made from durable materials and lining. However, the zipper on the bag has been known to break quite easily, which may be a major issue for many people.
Despite this, there are a few compartments to use, which should mean that you’ll be able to stay organized when packing the bag. The padded shoulders also mean that it’s comfortable to carry.
- Variety of compartments.
- Has several pockets to keep smaller items in.
- Available in a large number of styles.
- Padded foam shoulders make it quite easy to carry.
- Lining and material makes it more durable than some other bags.
- Zipper can break faster than others.
- Bottom of the bag can wear out quickly.
- Smaller than many other schoolbags.
The KENDALL + KYLIE Atlas-Navy Metallic backpack has a few prominent features to capitalize on. The most obvious of these is that there are a variety of pockets to use for different school supplies, which could be beneficial. Alongside this are the shoulder straps, which are quite adjustable and more comfortable than some other options.
Lastly is a buckle near the front of the bag, which could add an extra layer of security. Despite this, the zipper might not be as high-quality as you might expect, which could be a problem. The straps may also tear quite quickly.
- Shoulder straps are more adjustable than others.
- Includes several pockets to take advantage of.
- Interior is made from a blend of materials for extra comfort.
- Shoulder straps are quite comfortable.
- Includes a buckle to make sure nothing comes out.
- Zipper might not be too durable.
- Straps may rip somewhat easily.
- Smaller than some alternatives.
7. Vbiger School Backpack
The Vbiger School Backpack has a variety of advantages compared to many of its alternatives, with the first being that it’s available in various styles and color options. It’s also waterproof and wear-resistant, so you shouldn’t need to worry about anything inside being damaged.
An ergonomic design should also mean that it’s much more comfortable to wear than many other options. The manufacturers have also added several reflective strips, which should add a certain amount of safety to it.
However, the front pocket could tear relatively quickly, which could also apply to the straps.
- Available in a variety of designs and colors.
- Includes a reflective strip for added safety.
- Ergonomic design should mean that it’s quite comfortable.
- Larger internal compartment than many alternatives.
- Waterproof and wear-resistant.
- Zipper may break quite easily.
- Straps may tear faster than other bags.
- Front pocket has a tendency to rip.
8. High Sierra Loop Backpack
There are a few notable reasons why you might consider the High Sierra Loop Backpack, with the first being that the straps and back panel have been padded for extra comfort. Alongside this, the straps are adjustable, which should mean that you can customize it to the right length.
There are also a few compartments to use, with one being designed specifically for water bottles. However, there are also a few negatives, such as its durability and longevity, as it’s somewhat lacking in both regards. This is especially true for the zipper.
- Large selection of colors and designs to choose from.
- Straps are much more adjustable than many others.
- Straps and back panel are padded for more comfort.
- Includes several compartments for smaller items.
- Has a side compartment for water bottles.
- Less space than some competitors.
- Not as long-lasting as you might want.
- Zipper may break off quickly.
9. Zicac Holographic Laser Leather Backpack
There are a few notable reasons why your daughter may love this Zicac Holographic Laser Leather Backpack. One that helps to set it apart is the materials, which seem to be of a higher quality than some other school bags. Coupled with this are the padded straps, which are also adjustable to make sure that it fits properly.
The design should also be much more visible than others, which could be an added safety benefit. There’s a large storage capacity to use, which should mean that you’ll have no problem fitting in any school supplies. This is enhanced through the various pockets that are included with it.
However, the zipper is quite lacklustre here and doesn’t seem to be of a high quality. This could mean that it will break relatively easily. Alongside this, it has a habit of opening slightly by itself.
- Made from high-quality and durable materials.
- Larger capacity than many other options.
- Design makes it much more visible for traffic, which enhances safety.
- Straps are comfortable to use and adjustable.
- Has a variety of extra pockets to use.
- Zipper may be ripped out quite quickly.
- Zipper could open relatively easy.
- Straps could tear where they meet the bag.
10. JanSport Big Student Backpack
The JanSport Big Student Backpack has quite a few benefits that many schoolchildren might find attractive, such as the large capacity, with this outperforming many others. There’s also the padded shoulder straps for extra comfort, alongside a variety of pockets for smaller items, like pencils.
Your daughter should also be able to take advantage of a water bottle compartment, among others. However, the zippers on this bag are relatively low-quality, and could break easily. Alongside this is that it may be slightly too cumbersome to use for some younger children.
- Larger capacity than many others on the market.
- Includes more pockets for smaller belongings than other options.
- Has a side pocket for water bottles.
- More durable than some of its alternatives.
- Shoulder pads are quite comfortable.
- May be slightly too big for younger children.
- Limited number of design options.
- Zippers aren’t the most durable.
11. Hogwarts School Backpack
This Hogwarts School Backpack boasts quite a large number of features, especially for any Harry Potter fans. For example, this is one of the larger backpacks on offer, with it being slightly taller than many other options. As such, you should be able to fit more books and school supplies into it.
This is enhanced by an extra pocket for pens and pencils. There’s also a padded back panel to take advantage of, which should mean that it’s more comfortable than many alternatives. However, the straps don’t seem to be padded, which could be a noticeable drawback. They could also tear quite quickly.
- Can fit more textbooks and school supplies than some competitors.
- Back panel should be more comfortable than some other options.
- More attractive design than some competitors.
- Includes an extra pocket for smaller belongings, such as pencils.
- Lighter than some other backpacks.
- Strap could rip quite easily.
- Straps aren’t padded.
- Zipper may break easily.
How to Buy Cute Backpacks for Girls
- Always choose a well-known brand, since they are durable.
- Some girls grow soon, and some late so consider the size accordingly.
- See that the bag contains enough space for the necessary books, pencils, and essentials.
- Reputed companies have a one-year warranty on the backpacks.
- Always check the stitch seams and shoulder straps before buying; all the weight is concentrated here.
- The backpack should not hang more than 5 inches below the waist, and as per rule, the weight should not exceed 20% of the child’s body weight.
There’s quite a large number of backpacks on the market to choose for your daughter. While you might feel overwhelmed, each of the above should help you narrow down your choice significantly. Naturally, you’ll need to make sure that the style and design is something that your daughter will like.
By comparing each of the above, however, you should be able to find one that your daughter loves, and that does everything you need it to. As such, you shouldn’t have too much of a problem picking one.
- 11 Best Backpack Diaper Bags
- 8 Best Dog Carrier Backpacks: Your Easy Buying Guide
- Disney Backpacks for Girls
Backpack Droid is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by linking to Amazon. Our product recommendations are guided solely by our editors. We have no relationship with manufacturers.