Millions of people visit Universal Studios in Orlando every year, and there’s a reason for that. Whether you’re a family traveling with kids, a couple looking to unwind and relax, or friends looking for adventure, Universal Studios has something for just about everyone.
So, which parks should you visit?
Check out what each of these parks offers, including a couple of highlighted activities:
- Universal Studios – This classic park is probably the first one you think of when you think Universal Studios. Highlights include:
- Despicable Me Minion Mayhem. Kids will love this 3D ride where all your favorite minions are along for the ride.
- Harry Potter and the Escape from Gringotts. Got a Harry Potter fan in the family or friend group? They’ll be enchanted by this multi-faceted ride which takes you from the subterranean vault of Gringotts wizarding bank all the way back to Diagon Alley.
- The World Famous Studio Tour – Simmer down after all the rides and partake in a fun and informative tour through 13 city blocks to learn all about the filmmaking process.
Shop Related Products
Adventure Park –
Going to Universal Studios with your buddies or a group from work? Looking to live on the wild side? With an emphasis on adventure, this theme park offers some heart-pounding thrills, including:
- Jurassic Park River Adventure, where you’ll face off against dinosaurs as you embark on a river cruise. Did we mention there’s an 85-foot drop?
- Incredible Hulk Coaster – this ride is a whole lot of mean, green, Hulking machine. It takes you up to 67 miles per hour, so it’s not for the faint of heart.
Volcano Bay –
Maybe you’re exhausted from all the wild river-cruisin’. Maybe you’re going to Universal Studios as a couple and you’re looking for a more romantic theme park. For more laidback island vibes, check out the Volcano Bay theme park.
- Cabana Rentals – You can rent a cabana at Volcano Bay, complete with drinks, fine dining, and concierge service. This is a great place to relax with your partner, recharge your batteries, or just enjoy a great drink in a peaceful setting.
- Kopiko Wai Winding River – enjoy a meandering flow down a gorgeous river towards the romantic Stargazer’s Tavern.
Universal’s CityWalk –
Described as the “epicenter of awesome,” the CityWalk offers a more urban experience. Enjoy dining, shopping, live music, and a walking-friendly way to take in the sights. If you’re foodies, this is the theme park to check out.
- The Toothsome Chocolate Emporium – if you’re into steampunk culture, this is a great place to check out. It also boasts incredibly decadent confections to satisfy a sweet tooth.
- Blue Man Group – if you’re into shows, don’t miss your chance to see the Blue Man Group perform at CityWalk.
Where to eat at Universal Studios?
The options are limitless for quality food at Universal Studios. Here are just a few of our favorites, with hundreds more to choose from:
- Casual classy- Boulangerie offers French-style pastries, amazing coffee, and also a wide range of soups and sandwiches for food on the go.
- Unique, atmospheric drinks – Backwater Bay, in Island of Adventure, offers a hut-like setting to enjoy some delicious drinks and relax after a long day of adventuring.
- Got kids? Kids who love Harry Potter? They’ll go wild for the Leaky Cauldron pub, which offers a bunch of traditional English dishes like Bangers and Mash and Toad in the Hall.
- One of our favorites is Antojitos, an authentic Mexican restaurant with the most amazing guacamole and a fun, friendly atmosphere.
How to Plan your Trips By Season
- Halloween Horror Nights – If you like a thrill, plan your trip around the Halloween Horror Nights scheduled from September 4 to November 3. Keep in mind these are real frights – so it isn’t recommended for children below the age of 13.
- Holidays at Universal – the holidays are a special time at Universal Studios. If your family’s looking for a change from the usual holiday routine, consider making Universal Studios a destination
- Harbor Nights – Looking for a romantic Italian evening? The Harbor Nights Wine and Jazz event will transport you to the Mediterranean with gourmet food, beautiful music, and (of course) wine.
No trip to Orlando, Florida, is complete without a stop by Universal Studios Orlando. Whether you’re looking for adventure, romance, relaxation, or family fun, Universal Studios Orlando has something for you.
- 9 Best Overnight Backpacking Trips in Colorado
- 21 Best and Cheapest Places to Travel in Europe
- 15 Best Backpacking Trips in San Diego
- 15 Best Backpacking Trips in Northern California
Backpack Droid is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by linking to Amazon. Our product recommendations are guided solely by our editors. We have no relationship with manufacturers.