You don’t have to be in law enforcement to carry a concealed weapon. You can be a hunter or a sports marksman, or it can also be safety reasons. Whatever the reason, you need a safe and convenient way to carry it around.
You probably may have seen people, especially in the movies, tuck their firearm in their hip. This is unsafe and uncomfortable especially when you have to sit down. However, there are a number of ways that you can get around this very issue and among them is getting a carry backpack.
Quick Answer: Below are the best concealed carry backpacks in the market.
Our Top Pick of Concealed Carry Backpack
There are so many bags you can choose to take care of your everyday carry needs. However, if you have concealed weapon, you need a specialized pack for your day-to-day carry needs and to accommodate your gun. Something like Camelbak urban assault concealed bag comes to mind.
From our review, the best concealed carry backpack has to be Condor 3-Day Assault Pack. It has several compartments to help organize your items and with straps to make sure that they don’t keep jumping around inside.
This 1000-denier nylon pack will easily take the abuse of everyday use and still protect your items from harsh weather conditions. It is water resistant especially in those times that it may decide to rain. The pack has wide straps and foam padded back for easy carrying and comfort.
Why should you use a concealed carry backpack than other methods of carrying?
The most common method of carrying firearms is through a holster. However, using a holster can seem very obvious, and that may prove unsafe. Many people don’t actually know that there are other ways of carrying a concealed weapon and that includes using a carry backpack.
Using the best concealed carry backpack has several advantages. If you have been using holsters, then you know how uncomfortable it can be having a piece of metal just down on your skin. It can literally cause pain, especially when making certain kinds of movement.
For some people, the piece of metal pressing on their skin can irritate. It can be a source of an allergic reaction, and this is never the ultimate goal. The good thing about carrying backpacks is that they allow you to move easily while keeping the weapon away from your skin.
Holsters can attract unwanted attention, and that is not what you want. It is always better when some people have no idea whether you are carrying one or not. The best concealed carry backpack provides the convenience and the privacy you need when carrying a firearm.
A good concealed carry backpack will allow you to be flexible in terms of wardrobe. You may notice that many law enforcement officers are always wearing a jacket to hide their weapon. Basically, there is nothing wrong with that, but you can imagine how uncomfortable that is mainly in sweltering weather conditions. With a concealed carry sling backpack, you can you can wear anything that you feel is comfortable. After all, your gun is in the bag.
You may be thinking that a backpack with handgun compartment is more expensive than standard back sling backpacks and would instead go the cheap way. However, that would be a bad idea in every sense. Ordinary packs don’t have individual sections for holding the firearm to prevent it from bouncing around when moving from one place to the other. You know how unsafe that can be for you and those around you. Choose the right bag designed for the right job, and you will not have to deal with a risk hazard.
Top 10 best concealed carry backpack review
A backpack is your best companion and goes wherever you go at all times. If you are a gun person, then you need a backpack that will more than support having a gun along.
The following is a review of the best concealed carry backpacks with good reviews that will prove helpful in the long run:
1. Red Rock Outdoor Gear Rover Sling Pack
This carry backpack is among the best you will find in the market. And at 5.5 X 11.5 X 8, the bag is compact and lightweight – it weighs only 1.6 pounds. The Red Rock Outdoor is the best if there is some necessary tactical gear you need to transport from one place to the other.
When it comes to durability, this bag is the real deal. It is constructed from 600 denier polyester – sturdy and durable material. This carry backpack can therefore easily take the harshest of outdoor environments pretty easily. Another good thing about denier polyester is its waterproofing capability. Should the weather decide to give you a surprise, then your items in the bag are safe.
The product also has molle webbing for more storage compartments. You can append extra pouches to the bag and be on your way – it depends on the items you need often. You can have a knife pouch or even a pistol pouch on the bag for more convenience.
There are numerous compartments on this bag to help organize your stuff. It has two zippered compartments, one zippered pouch on the inside, and two other ordinary pouches. There is also a snap closure for added storage and convenience. The backpack can hold anything on your phone, charger, and iPad – be connected on the go.
The ambidextrous strap this carry backpack has makes it easy to carry. This feature allows you to comfortably lay the bag on either side of your shoulder – it can either be left or right.
- The backpack is compact and lightweight
- Easy to carry
- The bag is waterproof
- Numerous compartments to help organize your bag
- Constructed from the durable and rugged 600 denier polyester
- Molle webbing for more storage space
- Ambidextrous strap for easier haulage
- Not fully water resistant
- Molle may come off over time
2. 3V Gear Outlaw Sling Pack Over the Shoulder Day Bag
The mention of the term 3V gear arouses a sense of ruggedness and quality. This bag lives up to its reputation and is easily among the best concealed carry backpacks. The construction of this product is 600D PVC nylon – durable. This means that you will have this bag around for some time.
With double-stitched seams and rust-resistant zipper pulls, this pack can easily withstand the rigors of everyday use. The product being para-cord threaded means that it produces a minimal sound.
This backpack manufacturer has a considerable faith in their product demonstrated by the lifetime warranty it comes along with. It is not many products in the market that carry similar attractive terms.
In terms of size, this bag is sufficiently small to hold specific items like an iPad and a small laptop. The zippered pockets this item comes with make organization pretty easy. In total, there are four pockets. Among these pockets is water bottle pouch to keep you hydrated while you are on the move.
With an adjustable and padded shoulder strap, this backpack is quite comfortable to have on your back for an extended period. It also allows you quick access to your items that you never have to remove the bag. All need to do is swing it to your chest and get whatever things you require.
- Made from the durable 600D PVC nylon
- Comes with a lifetime warranty
- Adequate size to hold a small laptop and an iPad
- Several zippered pockets for more natural organization
- Quick and easy access
- The Velcro placement is not the best
- Left-handed people may have trouble using this pack
3. Condor 3-Day Assault Pack
When it comes to backpacks, the Condor brand is among the top. Their primary focus has always been affordable quality products, and this pack is adequate proof of that. The bag can be a fitting selection for most of your needs, and it comes at an attractive price.
This product has a heavy-duty construction that ensures its durability. And for its price, this backpack has more features than bags of similar price.
With 1000-denier construction, this bag may be among the most rugged packing a water resistant capability. It has a total of seven compartments that will help in your organization of the backpack. At 3,038 cubic inches, the main compartment is big enough for most of your everyday carry.
The good thing about this item’s main compartment is that it comes with tie-downs to keep your things securely in place. Chances of finding your ammunition in the lunchbox are therefore minimal.
You would want a comfortable bag to match the big storage space, and this Condor bag does not disappoint. It has wide shoulder straps and a foam pack at the back allowing adequate airflow to prevent sweating. The backpack also has a hip belt to help when carrying the bag from one place to the other – it takes some of the weight off your shoulders and back.
Additional features include the grommet. This feature is a kind of drainage feature to guide the water out should a mishap occur. The chances of sitting water that would ruin your items are thus minimal.
- Heavy-duty constriction
- Attractive design
- Durable product
- Water resistant
- Have seven compartments for easier organization
- Tie down straps in the main compartment
- Has a hip belt
- The grommet feature for adequate drainage
- The zipper pull tabs are low quality
- Maybe too tall for some people
4. Explorer Tactical Gun Concealment Backpack With Molle Webbing Hydration Ready
If you are a backpacking enthusiast, then this bag comes off as one of the best concealed carry backpacks you will find out there. The first thing you will notice on coming across this pack is the numerous compartments and pockets. For the gadget lovers, there is an easy access iPad pocket, a laptop compartment, four side pockets, six zipper pockets, and an enlarged iPhone pocket.
In addition to the mentioned, the bag comes with extra military-style pockets at the front. Some of them covered with Velcro. Furthermore, this is one of the few backpacks boasting dedicate gun pockets. At the waist, you will find gun pouches. There is also a gun compartment inside – talk of a genuinely tactical bag!
This carry backpack is not short of straps, and it is all for to your benefit. It has a Molle- compatible webbing system and padded shoulder straps. At the bottom, you will find other shoulder straps that will accommodate extra pockets for more storage. These straps can sometimes seem many, but they are there to make your use of the bag convenient and easy.
This is a high-grade 600D X 600D polyester product which means that you may not need to worry about quality issues.
The stitching is exceptional, and the straps are high quality – what more could you be looking for?
- A very durable product
- Many pockets to help you with the organization
- Easy to carry
- Numerous top quality straps
- Hydration ready
- It is not comfortable for some users for riding low on the back.
For more on the concealment backpack, watch this video.
5. Maxpedition Sitka Gearslinger
Whether you are in law enforcement, a hiker, or military personnel, this bag may be the best concealed carry backpack for your needs. This product is similar to others such as Blackhawk diversion carry backpack, but this comes off as a better option for several reasons.
This bag incorporates the sling style mode of carrying that has its own advantages. First is the ease of access to your items that you acquire by just swinging it forward. This feature comes in handy when you need to quick access to your items.
Most importantly, this style is quite important when it comes to balancing the body – you need this especially when traveling for long distances.
At three pounds, this backpack is lightweight. It will still feel lightweight even after packing it with all the items you need. The one-strap design it comes with distributes all the weight adequately to make it easy for you.
The product is purely the indestructible nylon polymers material. This means that it can easily take any beating and maintain its shape for an extended period. The inner and the outer parts of the backpack highlight an almost perfect craftsmanship.
- Easy to carry
- Made from a durable material
- Has a feature for carrying concealed weapons
- High weight distribution
- Hydration feature
- Not the most appropriate for those suffering from shoulder pains
6. G.P.S. Tactical Range Backpack
One of the highlight features of this bag is the ID storage system – you will not find this in many bags. This feature helps you find anything without much ado and quickly.
The backpack has one of the perfect sizes for easier carrying. It can also incorporate all the items you consider necessary for everyday use – let not the seemingly small size fool you.
This backpack has a quality stitching to ensure that the bag does not come apart after months of use. Come to think of it; this is typically the primary goal of tactical backpacks. Anything less should not carry the tag ‘tactical.’
The bag comes with different compartments to ensure that your stuff is not getting mixed up. No one wants to find food on their weapon or your iPhone in your lunchbox. There is a specific compartment for the writing materials and another for holsters and gloves.
There is a separate gun compartment to ensure that it is in a safe place. For the ammo, there is a top storage compartment and other for items such as the earplugs and cleaning gear.
Even though tactical backpacks should be sturdy to withstand constant abuse, they should also be quite comfortable. The shoulder straps have an excellent design making them suitable.
- A quality backpack
- Durable construction – high denier nylon
- Easy to carry – not too big
- Different compartments for easy organization
- Comes with a rain cover
- A lot if the molle webbing
- The color may fade over time
- Maybe bulky for some people
- The shoulder strap may be too small
7. 5.11 Tactical COVRT 18 Backpack
This is probably one of the most interesting bags based on features. Even though these elements may be well hidden, they make this bag to be among the best. With a well-organized main compartment, this bag helps keep all your items neat and without any problems.
There is a padded laptop screen in addition to mesh pockets for better organization of your gear. The zippers are durable and sturdy to easily take constant use. The zipper system is quite efficient and will go all the down for easier access.
The inside of the main compartment is water repellent material to ensure the safety and proper condition of your items. There are also drainage grommets for when the water find their way inside.
This bag also has a water bladder pocket with tube routing and dual zippers. This inside of this section is quite rigid to ensure that nothing inside will puncture it. And at the top of the bag is sunglasses pocket.
The sunglasses pocket has fleece cloth microfiber lining for the protection of your lens. Compared with other tactical bags in the same category, the pocket of this product is quite enormous. For your concealed weapon, there is a ‘middle flow-through compartment’ that can adequately hold a carry holster.
There is also a standard front compartment with webbing allowing you to use it as you wish. Others include an admin pocket and two other small pockets for more of your stuff.
As you will realize, the quality and make of the shoulder straps on tactical backpacks is critical. It does not matter how much good of a quality a bag is. As long as it lacks a stable suspension, it is nothing.
You cannot say the same about 5.11 Tactical COVRT 18 Backpack as the strap is high quality. They are highly adjustable to fit your individual preferences. They are padded and wide with underside mesh lining for enhanced breathability – talk about comfort when carrying this bag.
- This one of the most durable tactical backpacks
- Easy to carry
- Durable construction
- Wide and padded shoulder strap for comfort when carrying the bag
- Many compartments for easier organization
- The zippers may not be the best
8. 3V Gear Posse Tactical Sling Pack with Shoulder Sling for Every day Carry Molle Multifunctional for Carrying Concealed Weapon
This is one bag made for the desert and jungle. It is all rugged 600 Denier PVC to take the various beating of constant use. If you are a hunter, your bag must have the ability to withstand repeated use and weather.
The bag has a number of compartments to help in the organization of your items. There is a divider in the front pocket where you can keep your favorite magazine. This pouch has a drainage grommet for those unexpected wet moments – this can quickly save your items from getting soggy with liquids, the horror. There is also the front slip pocket, easy to access.
With a back and front divider, the main compartment has conveniently zippered pouches where you can keep your keys. There is also a rear pocket for more choice. The shoulder strap is ambidextrous making easy for anyone to carry.
To make the bag easy to carry around, the strap and back have a good padding for comfort. And what’s more, the bag is lightweight which make it so much easier to pack it with items and move along.
- Durable material – 600 Denier PVC
- Padded and ambidextrous shoulder strap
- Several compartments to aid in the organization
- Grommet drainage
- Rugged zippers that are also easy to use
- The outside section reserved for a handgun is not large enough.
9. Condor Ambidextrous Sling Bag
The thing attractive thing about this bag is its design. It has a great color and looks stylish enough for any occasion – it does not matter whether you are hunting or going to a seminar. The design will also allow you to carry all the necessary things you consider essential.
This product has three sections with a number of organizers to help with organizing everything. To make it easy for everyone to carry, this bag has an ambidextrous strap. Furthermore, the sling bag comes with a molle panel where you can have additional pockets to your preference and convenience.
The main compartment has a hydration feature and a sizeable mesh pocket. The second one has four mesh zipper pockets. It has an ambidextrous strap for more comfortable carrying – you can carry it on either side of your shoulder.
- The bag has an attractive design
- It is easy to carry
- Ambidextrous sling bag
- Has a molle panel for additional pockets
- A good capacity of 26 liters
- The quality of internal zippers and straps is wanting
- Not the best for heavy-duty use
10. Purse King Magnum Concealed Carry Handbag
This is one gun purse for the ladies that come in several attractive colors. It demonstrates that Purse King is a top bag designer quite easily by its attractive features. This bag is vegan leather – stain-free and easy to clean.
It is ideal for a variety of activities such as shopping, concerts, and getaways. With this handbag, you can easily take the handgun with you wherever you are going. To help with organizing your items, this bag has several pockets.
The bag has a cell phone pouch and other slots for the credit cards. There is a center top pocket with a pouch and zip pocket. The side zip pocket where you can have your weapon is easy to use – you can draw your handgun at short notice.
However, if you are in the market for a rugged tactical bag, then this should not be your first choice. There are better more sizeable bags suited for such activities as hunting.
- Attractive design for the ladies
- Comes in several colors
- Easy to carry
- Lightweight and soft
- Unique and functional magnum structure
- Suitable for a variety of places
- You can carry the bag across the body or on the shoulder
- Can hold any size of the gun
- The gun does not require a holster
- An attractive denim
- Does not have a holster for the gun
- Not the best if left-handed
- Cannot hold larger phones or tablet
- Maybe too small for some people
What to Look For when buying a Top Rated Concealed Carry Backpack:
- The Size of your Weapon: the main reason for purchasing that backpack is so that you can carry your concealed weapon. It would not be of any use if a particular concealed carry backpack cannot hold the gun that you have. Maybe the gun slots are too small or too big. Whatever the case, it is vital to ensure that you get the right backpack for your firearm – this may require you to have the proper measurements of your gun.
- How often you plan on having your gun: if it were up to you, you would carry your gun wherever you go. There are some places that weapons are not allowed and may need to live at home. However, if you are will be having your gun at all times, and there are no restrictions, then you may need something comfortable to carry for a long time. Padded backs and shoulders come to mind in such a case. Comfort for everyday use is the key here.
- The capacity to fit your everyday use: everyone has several things they consider as necessary for everyday use. In such a case, it is crucial that you determine how much you are going to carry on an almost daily basis. Some people may need a flashlight, optics, stationery, a knife and extra mags among others. It depends on the number of accessories required to fulfill your needs. If you are planning on having numerous accessories, then you may need a bigger bag. There is no use in having a bag that will prove too small to fit everything.
- Additional room for other stuff: depending on preference, you may go for a concealed carry laptop backpack if are the kind of person that needs to use the device often. In addition to the everyday items that you need, you may find that you need extra room for other stuff. For example, an additional room for a notebook, snacks, clothes, and water – it depends on the activity you will be involved in on a daily basis.
- Durability and quality: there is no use going for cheap products only to have them disintegrate and find yourself going back to the store. The gun spaces must be of quality fabric to withstand everyday use. Also, make sure that you go for a bag such as the Camelbak concealed carry backpack that will prove durable and worth every cent you spend on it.
Of course, there are many ways that you can carry a gun, but the backpack is the most appropriate and convenient. The bag allows you the freedom to wear anything you want while not interfering with the ability to reach your firearm at a moment’s notice.
Furthermore, it has adequate space to carry other stuff that you may need on a daily basis, and others that you feel should be in the bag.
From the above concealed carry backpack review, the best concealed carry backpack has to be Condor 3-Day Assault Pack. It is big enough for all your stuff and the foam padded back is a source of great comfort.
- 10 Best Hunting Backpack for the Money
- Best Tactical Backpacks for the Money
- 10 Best Fishing Backpacks: Buying Guide & Reviews
Backpack Droid is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by linking to Amazon. Our product recommendations are guided solely by our editors. We have no relationship with manufacturers.